Get the Most from a CGM by Using a Mobile App
Now that you have your new CGM sensor:
- Verify your device is compatible with the mobile app you are downloading.
Your device must be NFC-enabled, meaning your device is also able to work with tap-and-go services, such as Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, etc.
- Install and use the app on your smartphone.
If you’ve used CGM sensors with us in the past, this is new! Make sure you have the app that is compatible with the version in the App Store or in Google Play.
Below, we outline the quick and easy steps to apply your CGM and get started with the app:
- Select where you’re going to apply the sensor on the back of your upper arm.
- Clean the selected site with the provided alcohol wipe and allow it to dry.
- Completely peel off the lid from the Sensor Pack and unscrew the cap from the Sensor Applicator.
*CAUTION: Sensor codes must match on the Sensor Cap and Sensor Applicator. If damaged or already opened, do NOT use it.
- Place the Sensor Applicator into the open Sensor Pack and line up the dark marks on the Applicator and Pack. Firmly press down on the Sensor Applicator, using a hard surface if needed, until it comes to a stop.
- Lift the Sensor Applicator out of the Sensor Pack.
- The Sensor Applicator is ready to go. To apply the Sensor, place the Applicator over the cleaned site and firmly push down until it’s in place.
*CAUTION: Sensor Applicator now contains a needle. Do not touch the inside of the Sensor Applicator or put it back into the Sensor Pack. Do NOT push down on the Sensor Applicator until it’s placed over the prepared site to prevent unintended results or injury.
- Gently pull the Sensor Applicator away and ensure the sensor is securely attached.
- Discard the used Sensor Applicator and Sensor Pack according to local regulations.
- As the final step, you’ll need to open the app on your NFC-Enabled device and follow the prompts to start your Sensor.
For more of our CGM Sensor tips and tricks, check out our blog on Getting Started With Your CGM Sensor.