Buon Appetito, foodies! The wait for delicious Italian food is finally over!
After years of manufacturing, the popular Jacksonville Food Truck Catullo’s Italian opens its doors to its first stationary location on Thursday evening.
The restaurant is located at 1650-2 San Pablo Road. S. and will be open to the public at 5 p.m.
It will serve the popular dishes that foodies have come to know and love during their food truck days, such as creamy chicken pesto, prawn rosato, lasagna and fried mozzarella.
The owners Carl Catullo and Dave Catullo also offer a newly expanded menu. Although there will be more seafood, they offer diners new Italian dishes such as their spiced meatballs with a garlic sauce starter or the costolette di maiale con rigatoni (braised pork ribs with rigatoni) starter.
Beer and wine options are also on the menu.
Don’t forget about the authentic Italian desserts! Try the vanilla-filled cannoli, a limoncello-soaked cake called Limoncello Mascarpone Cake, or chocolate-vanilla gelato.
Catullos Italian will not take takeaway orders or reservations for the first week or two.
place: 1650-2 San Pablo Rd. MIT.
hours: Monday to Thursday from 5pm to 10pm, Friday from 5pm to 11pm, Saturday from 4pm to 11pm. Closed on sundays.
** Subject to change:
- Fried Mozzarella: $ 8.90
- Seasoned Meatballs with Garlic Sauce: $ 8.90
- Stuffed calamari: $ 10.90
- Arancini (Calabrian chilli parmigiano risotto, filled with flavorful, fresh goat cheese, hand-rolled in oranges, breaded and fried, served with marinara): USD 9.90
- Ma’s Brushetta: $ 7.90
- Chicken Capricciosa (like Chicken Parmeasean): $ 17.90
- Sausage and peppers: $ 15.90
- Shrimp Rosato (jumbo shrimp cooked in rosato sauce and pasta): $ 19.90
- Lasagna: $ 15.90
- Creamy Chicken Pesto (sauteed chicken breast simmered in a creamy basil pesto sauce and pasta): $ 17.90
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo (jumbo shrimp cooked in flavorful marinara and pasta): $ 19.90
- Ravioli: $ 15.90 to $ 16.90 depending on the sauce (marinara, rosata, alfredo, catullo, sun-dried tomato pesto)
- Sunday bread (spaghetti and meatballs): $ 15.90
- Gnocchi Catullo (pasta stuffed with potatoes, cooked in sage and chilli alfredo): $ 15.90
- Pasta del Ponente (marinated artichoke hearts, porcini mushrooms, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, white wine): $ 15.90
- Pear and goat cheese ravioli: $ 18.90
- Sea Scallop Risotta: $ 26.90
- Garganelli con cavolfiori, Zafferano, E Uvetta (cauliflower in onions, golden raisins, saffron, tomato paste, and ricotta, with pine nuts and breadcrumbs): USD 16.90
- Porcini Mushroom Tortelloni (tortelloni stuffed with porcini mushrooms, cooked in beef brother and red wine): $ 16.90
- Peposo (Peppered Steamed Beef, Tomato, Garlic, Rosemary, Basil): $ 17.90
- Pasta Carbonara (Fried Smoked Pancetta): $ 15.90
- Grouper and Crab Paesano (Baked Grouper Fillet in Lemon Butter Sauce, Crab Meat, Parsley, Tomato): USD 26.90
- Pappardelle con Vognole Nero (fresh clams cooked with white wine, black garlic, pasta): USD 21.90
- Rustida della Val Vigezzo (pasta with boiled potatoes, onions, pancetta, and rosemary): USD 15.90