Here is a roundup of some of the free food distributions open to the public this holiday season:
• Farm Share Food and Duval First Responders, a nonprofit, will serve approximately 1,500 families in a drive through event on Saturday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm at Florida State College, Jacksonville, 101 W State St., Lot # 4. Recipients should open their vehicle cases when they arrive. Food will come first, served first, while supplies last. farmshare.org/fooddistributions
• A drive through giveaway will be available in front of the shopping center on 1910 Wells Road at Elevate Church of Fleming Island and Orange Park Mall on Saturday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Drivers should use the fire service in front of the food court entrance. Receive a bag of Thanksgiving side dishes and $ 10 gift cards to purchase a turkey. It is expected that up to 600 families will be supplied while supplies last. liftatelife.tv, orangeparkmall.com
More:Don’t you want to cook this Thanksgiving Day? These Jacksonville restaurants are served
• The Clara White Mission is offering free pre-harvest lunches for homeless and low-income families at their Feed the City event on Saturday from 11am to 1.30pm, including a giveaway for clothing, bike repairs and haircuts. The mission is at 613 Ashley St. in downtown Jacksonville. theclarawhitemission.org
• Farm Share and Bethel Baptist Church will be handing out groceries Tuesday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at church at 215 Bethel Baptist St., Jacksonville. farmshare.org/fooddistributions, thebethelexperience.com/
More:The annual Pete’s Thanksgiving Celebration in Neptune Beach has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
• Jewish Family and Community Services host food distribution events on Tuesday from 10 am to 2 pm and Wednesday from 9 am to 12 pm in front of the charitable Max Block Food Pantry, 6261 E. Dupont Station Court, Jacksonville. Each recipient, regardless of belief or background, will receive 10 pounds of Thanksgiving groceries. The first 200 people to arrive will also be given gift cards to buy a turkey from a local retailer. Masks are required and distribution is done in a socially distant format.
The nonprofit will have similar distributions from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on December 22nd and 23rd in the same location. jfcsjax.org.
The Max Block Food Pantry is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome and each person can receive meals up to three times in a 12 month period. Photo ID is required. jfcsjax.org.
Send information about other upcoming freebies to [email protected]
Beth Reese Cravey: [email protected]