April 16, 2021 at 7:45 a.m. EDTBy
Every week Ben Becker from Action News Jax tells you which of your favorite restaurants have been cited by inspectors. Click the video above to watch it.
Brief review below:
- The Mascaras Gentlemen’s Club on Southside Boulevard near Beach Boulevard was cited for 31 live cockroaches, five dead cockroaches, and boric acid cockroach powder on the kitchen floor. It was temporarily closed.
- Becker visited the Mexican restaurant La Nopalera on Beach Boulevard near San Pablo Road. State inspectors found time / temperature security violations, an employee’s medication left over the food prep area, and an oven with heavy scraps of old food on the hob.
- Sabores De Mi Tierra on University Boulevard near Bennett Road was cited for 10 live cockroaches, a cabbage bin on the floor, and no evidence of government-approved staff training. The restaurant was also temporarily closed.
- Becker’s last stop was Bono’s Pit Bar-BQ in Neptune Beach on Atlantic Boulevard near Penman Road. Inspectors found that an employee was eating in a food preparation area, a food manager certification had expired, and a time / temperature safety violation was occurring.
- All restaurants passed the follow-up checks.
Click here to view previous restaurant reviews.