Jacksonville Strip Club closed due to cockroaches

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Two restaurants in Jacksonville were temporarily closed last week by the Department of Business and Professional Regulations after inspectors found serious health code violations.

Mascara, the adult entertainment club on Southside Boulevard, has closed for 12 violations. The restaurant report showed that the inspector found five dead and 31 live cockroaches, most of them under the bar counter.

The club scored another high priority violation because boric acid roach powder was on the floor in the kitchen. Other violations included a dirty microwave oven and the presence of a mold-like substance in an ice bucket.

At the next day’s follow-up, the inspector’s report shows that 16 more live cockroaches were found. The club stayed closed until Tuesday when it scored a perfect inspection with no violations found.

RESTAURANT REPORTS: Failed Inspection Failed Inspection Perfect Score


The Sabores De Mi Terra, a food truck from Jacksonville, was also shut down last week during a routine inspection.

When the inspector arrived on March 9, the report found that he had found 10 live cockroaches and no evidence of the government employees’ required training.

At a follow-up examination three days later, there were no more cockroaches, but the truck still lacked the necessary training for all employees.

More time was given to receive and reopen training. A review is required

RESTAURANT REPORTS: Failed Inspection Passed the inspection that requires follow-up

All restaurant reports are provided by the Department of Business and Professional Regulations. News4Jax monitors emergency shutdowns in District 5.


District 5 includes counties of Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Suwannee, and Union.

Copyright 2021 by WJXT News4Jax – All rights reserved.

Comments are closed.